Sometimes remembering credit card due dates can be difficult, especially if you have more than 1 or2 cards. Forgetting a due date can be catastrophic because it can possibly affect your credit score. Not only that, but you will be hit with late fees that can be outrageous. However, there are some tips to help you remember the credit card due dates. The best tips are:
- Put the due dates on a calendar. If you regularly look at a calendar or have one situated near your computer or office space simply write the dates of each credit card due date on it. This works even for your phone calendar, which would allow you to put in a reminder. This will help you to remember and pay it when you see the calendar.
- Sign up for reminders via an email reminder service. There are services that allow you to sign up and set them up to send you reminders. This would make it so that if you check your email regularly, you will be reminded a few days in advance and can make the payment.
- Automatic banking. This is one of these easiest ways to ensure that the top credit cards aren’t paid late. You can make it so that the payment is set up on a monthly basis and if you do it online the payment will be sent automatically. However, before you set it up on a monthly basis ensure that there are enough funds in the account.
- Download an application. These days it is a technology based world and everyone has a smart phone, so why not download an application that will remind you? There are plenty of these applications around and they can be used for multiple different accounts.
- Pay all bills at one time. This is easy if the funds are available. Pay all the bills for the month at the same time and you won’t have to worry for the rest of the month. If you can’t pay them all at once pay them 2 times a month and do it the same day every month so you don’t forget.
- Pay bills on payday. As soon as you get paid make sure to pay the bills that are due at that time. This will make it easier to ensure that the credit card payments are never late and that all the other bills are on time as well.
- Pay when the bill comes. You don’t have to wait to pay the top credit card payments on the due date. You can send in the payment as soon as you get the bill if you have the funds. Statements are normally sent out 2 to 3 weeks before the payment is due, so let that serve as a reminder.
Make sure to pay your credit card bills on time because if not the late payment might ding your credit. This would also bring your credit score down a little bit and 1 late payment might not hurt it. However, don’t make late payments a habit.